Capital Project Simulation
Low oil prices put a lot of pressure on the industry. Without change, Capital Projects cannot be executed or those in execution mode have to be stopped. Key changes required are moving the engineering workforce to competitive thinking and transparency in decision making. Project decisions are made that potentially have a negative impact on cost and schedule overruns. As an example, when a Capital project is facing a delay during the Front-end Engineering Design stage, the decision is due to postpone the Final Investment Decision or not. These type of project decisions have conflicting interests and impact on the quality of the Front-end Engineering Design that might result in execution issues at a later project stage. A management game will help Project teams to understand the performance impact caused by certain decisions during a project’s lifecycle. Are you passionate about efficient Project Execution and the limitations the current low oil price is triggering? Are you ready to help connecting the dots between causes and effects in Project Decision Making? And are you appealed by the opportunity to help develop a ‘serious game’ that will be used in the industry? Then this is the internship for you!
Accenture is going to develop a management game that simulates a Capital Project in the Oil and Gas industry in which different decision-making scenarios are modeled. The latter is to be able to mimic the impact of certain decisions on project performance. To support the development of this game, a MSc graduate will be recruited who performs a research on this topic and captures the findings in the game’s outcome. The aim of the graduate’s research is to quantify the potential impact of key decisions during a Capital project. Exciting co-outcome of the research is development of a management game that will take participants through different project stages and key decisions that have to be made by taking the complex context into account. At the end of the game, it should reveal how the project performed looking at cost and schedule overrun. The performance will be evaluated by reflecting on the decisions made by the participants. This will give project teams the opportunity to learn through cause (project decision) and effect (impact on cost and schedule overrun), for example:
- The effect of Front-End Loading quality in later project stages
- Can Systems Engineering help reduce complexity of the project?
- Impact of Leadership Behavior
Place in the organization
You will be part of the Resources Assets & Operations Services group within Resources Management Consulting. This group offers consulting services for our Energy (Oil & Gas), Utilities and Chemicals & Natural Resources clients. You will join the Consulting team and will be working from our head office in Amsterdam with possible regular visits to client sites.
Are you the perfect candidate?
- You are a (Technical) Master student, in the final year of your graduation from university, with preferably an interest in the areas of Capital Projects, Gamification, (Civil) Engineering, Learning, Construction Management, Systems Engineering, etc.
- You have affinity with new Technologies and Digital Solutions;
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English;
- Have a passion for Learning and Problem Solving concepts;
- You can work independently;
- High level of motivation and drive;
- Eagerness to learn;
- Willing to go the extra mile;
What can we offer you?
Within Accenture we offer you a work environment with a focus on your personal development, in which you will get a lot of responsibility. You work together with talented colleagues from all over the world on challenging projects for the highest ranked international businesses.
- You will be guided by a team of experienced consultants;
- You will receive a compensation and a laptop;
- You will gain knowledge and expertise of Accenture;
- You will gain experience within a large international consulting firm;
- You will expand your professional network;
- Period:6 months
- Hours a week: 40
- Location(s): Amsterdam Accenture Head Office: Flexible workplace Client site(s): Dependent on client location, mostly Randstad-area
- Start date: Immediately
We are looking forward to meet you. Apply directly online through the button ´solliciteer online´ and send us your cv and application letter. For more information about this vacancy you can contact Charlotte Sikking at telephone number 020-5728734 or via email@example.com.